Saturday, October 11, 2014

Stay In The Room

For my friends, celebrating 23 years of Marital Bliss this weekend:




They met in college and have been good partners and friends in life. 

It's hard to stay together. Every year is a celebration, not just some "milestone" number.  Because it's really hard putting up with other people sometimes.  And after all those years you're most likely not putting your best foot forward all the time. Or maybe that's just me, and other couples hide their disgustingness better than I do. 

For instance, coming home from work yesterday I shared the part of my day with Kenny that maybe I should have kept to myself. The part where I had to use a q-tip to pick the dried blood out of my nose so I could do a little something people like to do, also known as breathe, because it's already dry in the house (I hope that's the reason and it's not nose cancer!) and my nose has been bloody for several days now. 

That's the stuff only the closest get to know about you after years and years together.  And now all of you. Thanks, Oversharing Me. 

Maybe I should have tried harder to keep some mystery in my relationships. But Jezzus, that seems like so much effort. Because when you ask how my day is? I might want to tell you the grossest part, like I had to pick bloody scabs out of my nose just to breathe. Sometimes that sums up the day. 

How do you keep the romance alive after years and years together, Reader?  Do you share all your disgusting parts with your partner, or do you keep your grossest bits hidden? 

I'm certainly no expert, that is no doubt - two ex-husbands tell the story of my un-success.  Maybe I should keep my bloody booger stories to myself and go with the pat answer "Fine" when asked how my day was. 

And now you know just one more gross part of me, Reader. You're welcome. And I'm sorry. But back to the point of this bloody mess of a story, and that is to wish only the happiest to my Columbus friends Rob & Beth.  Cheers to many more. 

*P.S.  - no one except me and Jennifer Aniston is going to understand the post title, so stop trying to figure it out. But it's significant. If you're really interested and have 20 minutes, you can watch here:





No comments: